Share and Help your Friends With Their Job Search!
Before you even think about conducting an online job search, take the time to make your social networking accounts stand out in a positive and professional way. Remove any compromising posts, pictures, and content. Update them with a fresh statement of who you are and what career expertise you have. Upload a new headshot photo. Most recruiters will be looking at your profiles, so make them count.
1. Make a List of Companies
- Build a highly target list of companies and find key people and hiring managers to actively campaign.
- Use niche job boards to find growth companies and opportunities.
- Use advanced search tools to build a list of ideal companies.
- Find key decision makers using Facebook Twitter and LinkedIn.
2. Identify What Traits Those Companies Want
- Use social media to identify the specific needs of your target companies and hiring managers, and position your message accordingly.
- Use social media and online sources to learn about the latest developments in the industry and the company.
- Find and follow top industry news sites and blogs.
- Use online subscriptions, databases and journals.
- Use networks/contracts to identify specific manager needs.
3. Get In Touch With Companies Using Social Media
- Informational interviews are your B-line to your target company
- Network your way to an informational interview
- Use Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter to find interview sources
- Use social media networks the proper way to reach out to hiring managers
4. Arrange For An In-person Meeting
- Reach out to hiring managers through social media with proper etiquette.
- Check your online presence before the interview.
- Learn to deal with or overcome objections/rejections.
- Prepare for the in-person meeting!